Guiding Clients Through The Complexities Of Today’s Sophisticated Capital Markets
When it comes to legal guidance in and through complex domestic and international financial and capital markets transactions, Macaluso LLP’s extraordinary track record and blend of professionals, practice areas, and expertise stands out.
Our team is built with lawyers who have significant experience not only in their substantive areas, but also in understanding our clients’ business through hands-on experience. Our Managing Partner served as General Counsel for the treasury group of the $120 billion captive finance subsidiary of a Fortune 25 company. Another of our attorneys built and ran the tax department of a $15 billion investment fund and subsequently, did the same for a $14 billion mortgage lender. Our attorneys worked for state and federal regulators including the SEC in financial industry oversight and enforcement roles and for the U.S. Department of Commerce on international trade and business matters.
The firm has broad experience working with financial institutions and corporations acting variously as issuers, lenders, investors, underwriters, borrowers, and placement agents.
- Structured Finance. Our capital markets practice encompasses significant depth and substantive experience in a wide range of structured debt and debt capital markets transactions, including managing complex financial, corporate finance, and highly structured transactions, asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed commercial paper programs and other privately structured transactions such as whole-loan trades and portfolio sales and acquisitions.
- Lending. We have acted as counsel in a full range of traditional financings, including loans and other types of lending transactions, as well as public and private debt issuances.
- Restructuring. We also have considerable experience in the workout and financial restructuring of complex transactions, including in connection with $150 billion of transactions and institutions during the financial crisis of 2008 to 2011.
- Corporate Finance. On the corporate finance side, our attorneys have significant experience in mergers, divestitures, stock issuance, equity raises, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions.
- Overlap with Funds Practice. Our financial and funds practices overlap considerably. Recent structured transactions involved sovereign wealth funds, family offices, and credit opportunity funds among others as well as the restructuring of such transactions.
Macaluso LLP’s lawyers have advised clients through the many difficult issues confronting even the most sophisticated clients without regard to geography. We pride ourselves on our ability to find innovative solutions to complex legal, business, and financial issues that enable clients to take advantage of the business opportunities at hand in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The firm has extensive experience in international business as well as international capital markets and corporate finance transactions in key growth markets around the world, particularly in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and in the MENA countries. One of our partners acted as general counsel, treasury for a global financial services company with operations on three continents and was the only partner in a previous firm who was both a U.S. and a European partner and where he worked from offices in Frankfurt, London, and New York. Another partner lived, worked, and studied law in China, while another attorney practiced for more than a year in Moscow, Russia.
A list of representative Capital Markets transactions can be found under the Experience tab.