Private Funds Practice
Macaluso LLP’s Private Funds Practice encompasses the formation, management, and regulation of private investment funds and their portfolio investments from inception through exit.
Our Private Funds Practice is an interdisciplinary practice organized to advise clients on all issues confronting private funds. This Practice complements our internationally recognized Capital Markets Practice and draws extensively on our other practices to resolve the complex business and regulatory issues associated with the formation and operation of private investment funds.
- Our lawyers have acted for domestic and international funds, sponsors, and investors wishing to form funds groups or acquire, dispose, restructure, finance, leverage, and monetize assets through JVs, sales of assets or pools of assets, and/or capital markets transactions, directly and through various structures and vehicles.
- We have structured funds that operate or invest in Asia, Europe, and other places around the world as well as Sharia compliant funds.
- The firm’s experience includes forming hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, mezzanine funds, mortgage and real estate opportunity funds, emerging markets funds, commodities funds, and impact funds.
- Our financial and funds practices overlap considerably. Recent structured transactions involved sovereign wealth funds, family offices, and credit opportunity funds among others as well as the restructuring of such transactions.
- We have significant experience in working with the portfolio companies and portfolio investments of private funds both in the U.S. and internationally.
A list of representative Private Funds representations can be found under the Experience tab.